Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008

Simpsonichthys punctulatus - she's doing well


Finally I got a shot of one of the females of my S. punctulatus. It's very funny - the camouflage of this fish is very effective - the camera has problems to focus on this fish - they blend perfect into the background with this stripe-pattern.
At the moment I have three females together with one male in the spawning tank. At the second punctulatus-arena - the males-tank - there I have a quite sad story to tell: After I put the biggest male out, to the females, the left three boys began to kill each other - so there is only one male left. I did not think, that they are that agressive - when they where younger, nothing happend - it seemed to be peace all over the place.
That's it for today - the punctulatus story will go on, I'm looking forward to see their eggs.

Keine Kommentare: